Myanmar Jungle and Birding adventure promises to expose the best natural aspect of Myanmar. This adventure tour will take you deep into native jungle or up to mountain where natural birds habitat. Starting up by hiking to Victoria Mountain, you will see hundreds of jungle birds and enjoy stunning sceneries from there. We move up north for Inle lake, a huge lake surrounded by mountain and cool, humid jungle will offer you unique bird watching trip.
- Witness the wild life of hundred kinds of mountain birds
- Trekking Natmataung National Park and up to Mt. Vicotiria
- Staying in Elologde and on-site camping for a closest access to nature
- Hiking in to Inle Lake Wild life sanctuary for bird watching
- Seeing very see rare Jerdon’s Bushchat and hundred other kinds
Brief ItineraryDay 01: Bagan – Mt. Victoria
Day 02 - 03: Bird watching
Day 04: Mt. Victoria – Bagan
Day 05: Bagan – Inle Lake
Day 06: Inle Lake – Birding
Day 07: Inle Lake departure
Day 01: Bagan – Mt. Victoria
On arrival, ActiveTravel Asia's guide will pick you up airport (or your hotel) and drive from Bagan to Natmataung National Park (Mt. Victoria) for three nights stay. Birding stop on the way to see again Jerdon’s Minivet and Hooded Treepie, together with near-endemic White-rumped Falcon, White-eyed Buzzard, various species of Woodpeckers, five species of Parakeet which are Alexandrine, Rose-ringed, Blossom-headed, Grey-headed and Red-breasted Parakeets, Small, Scarlet and Rosy Minivets, Chestnut-bellied Nuthatch and others.
Accommodation: Overnight at Ecological Lodge
Day 02 to 3 : Bird watching
Birding at Natmataung (Mt. Victoria) National Park. This site is a major focal point of the tour. Here we can able to see White- browed Nuthatch and Burmese Tit (recently split from Black-browed Tit), Myanmar’s fifth and sixth endemics which are known only in here. Other specialty birds that could be seen on this area are near-endemics - Mount Victoria Babax (recently split from Chinese Babax), Chin Hills Wren-babbler (recently split from Long-tailed Wren-babbler), Assam (recently split from Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush), Stripe and Brown-capped Laughing thrushes, Green Shrike-babbler, Buff-breasted Parrotbill (recently split from Black-throated Parrotbill), Bar-tailed and Hume’s Treecreepers, Black-throated Prinia (recently split from Hill Prinia) and Whistler’s Warbler, together with rare and shy Blyth’s Tragopan, rare Mrs Hume’s Pheasant, Hodgson’s Frogmouth, Yellow-billed Blue Magpie, Grey-sided Thrush, Indian Blue Robin, Spotted Forktail, White-tailed and Chestnut-vented Nuthatches, Black-bibbed, Green-backed and Black-throated Tits, Striated Bulbul, Chestnut-headed Tesia, rare Broad-billed and Bush Warblers, Blue-winged Laughingthrush, Crimson-faced Liocichla (recently split from Red-faced Liocichla), Rusty-fronted and Streak-throated Barwings, Grey Sibia, Himalayan Cutia, Sickle-billed Scimitar, Streak-breasted Scimitar, Scaly-breasted Wren, Pygmy Wren, Black-eared Shrike and Black-headed Shrike Babblers, Bar-throated and Red-tailed Minlas, Blue-winged Siva, White-browed, Rusty-capped and Nepal Fulvettas, Stripe-throated Yuhina, Spot-breasted Parrotbill, Fire-tailed Sunbird, Spot-winged Grosbeak, Yellow-breasted Greenfinch and many more.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: Overnight at Ecological Lodge
Day 05: Mt. Victoria – Bagan
After breakfast, we will take a transfer back to Bagan. Free the rest of the day after amazing trekking up to the moutain
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 06: Bagan – Inle Lake
Embarking on a flight to Heho, you will enjoy a scenic drive to Nyang Shwe from where you will embark on a beautiful boat trip to explore the life of Intha people whose image exposes vividly through one leg rower. Spend our time to visit the Indein market and Pa –O then transfer to discover the local traditional work such as making boat, black smith, silk weaving and enjoy the uniqueness of Jumping Cat pagoda.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 07: Inle Lake – Birding
We will do the birding today at Inle Lake Wild life sanctuary. Here we can see rare Jerdon’s Bushchat, very rare Sarus Crane, Collared Myna, Glossy Ibis, Purple Swamphen, Ruddy-breasted and Black-tailed Crakes, Pheasant-tailed and Bronze-winged Jacanas, Black-winged Stilt, Oriental Pratincole, Cinnamon and Yellow Bitterns, Lesser Whistling and Spot-billed Ducks, Blue-eared Kingfisher, Plaintive Cuckoo, Clamorous Reed Warbler, Plain and Yellow-bellied Prinias and Striated Grassbird. We can also see migrant bird species such as very rare Baer’s, Ferruginous, Red-crested and Common Pochards, Gadwall, Eurasian Wigeon, Northern Pintail, Common Teal, Common Coot, Grey-headed Lapwing, Marsh Sandpiper, Brown-headed Gull, Harriers, Steppe Eagle, Bluethroat, Dusky and Black-browed Reed
Warblers and Yellow-breasted Bunting. And also breeding or roosting colony of Little, Cattle and Intermediate Egrets, Indian Pond, Chinese Pond and Black-crowned Night Herons, Little Cormorant, Vinous-breasted, Chestnut-tailed, Black-collared and Asian Pied Starlings, Common, Jungle, White-vented and Collared Mynas can be seen in the evening.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 08: Inle Lake departure (B)
The morning is free for shopping. We can visit Bogyoke Aung San market before heading to the airport for the flight home. End of the Services
Accommodation: Not available
- Private English speaking guides.
- Private transfer with air-conditioning.
- 01 Domestic flight Bagan - Heho
- Daily breakfasts and meal plan as in the program
- Boat trips as mentioned in itinerary
- Entrance fees where requested.
- Permissions for National Parks and Sanctuary
- Accommodation in twin sharing, 3 star standards
- Ecolodge & on-site Camping with basic, clean conditions.
- Service charges and taxes
- Visa arrangement (now with Evisa)
- Drinks during tours
- Supporting equipments for bird watching
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned
Passports and Visas
- Go to Myanmar Embassies and Consulates in your home country and you will be guided procedure. You may want to check the list of countries where Myanmar has embassies and consulate offices by clicking here.
- Obtain VISA On Arrival (VOA). For tourists coming from countries has no Myanmar Diplomatic Rep offices, you can obtain VOA online via www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm – the official portal for VOA by Myanmar government. The portal launched in Sep 01, 2014 and took its pilot operation for a month. Providing you encounter any issue, please contact us for support.
Climate & Clothing
Cell Phones & Calling Cards
Making Telephone Calls from One Country to Another
Wireless Internet Access
Cards and Currency
- The US$ notes must be new.
- The US$ notes torn, marked, folded will not be accepted.
- The US$ notes having series before 2003 backward may not accepted.
- Several weeks before your trip, make a list of what you will need to take with you.
- Make sure your personal documents (passports, visas, driver’s license) are in order.
- We suggest that you make photocopies of passports, visas, personal ID and any other important travel documents and pack them separately from the originals. If you lose the originals while traveling, you'll have copies for easier reporting and replacement.
- You may consider bringing a small supply of over the counter medications for headaches and/or anti-diarrhea pills. Pack a list of medications including dosage and generic names.
- We recommend that you pack a portable alarm clock.
- Avoid placing valuables such as cameras in your checked luggage.
Happy Travelling with ActiveTravel Asia!
This Tour Category FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Bangkok (Thailand) - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Lampang - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Tachileik (Myanmar) - Keng Tung – Heho - Kalaw - Yangon - Sittwe - Mrauk U - Yangon
Route: Yangon – Bagan – Mt. Popa – Pakkoku – Monywa - Mandalay – Pindaya – Kalaw - Inle Lake – Yangon
Route: Yangon – Golden Rock – Bago – Taungoo – Inle Lake Pindaya – Nyaungshwe - Taunggyi – Kakku - Inle Lake – Yangon
Route: Inle Lake – Taunggyi –Shwe Nyaung-Nyaung Shwe- Inle - Kalaw - Pindaya - Inle
Route: Bagan Biking & Balloon – Mt. Popa – Kalaw – Inle Lake - Indein - PaO villages