Brief ItineraryDay 1: Saigon – Nam Cat Tien National Park
Day 1: Saigon – Nam Cat Tien National Park ~ 40km Biking
Day 2: Nam Cat Tien Trek – biking to Da Lat
Day 3: Da Lat Mountain biking to north ~ 22km Biking
Day 4: Dalat - biking down to Nha Trang ~ 60km Biking
|No Support Truck & Mechanic |
|2 person||US$ 604|
|4 persons||US$ 407|
|6 persons||US$ 341|
|8 persons||US$ 308|
|Package Option||2 person||4 persons||6 persons||8 persons|
|No Support Truck & Mechanic |
|US$ 604||US$ 407||US$ 341||US$ 308||More Info|
- Private A/C vehicle to transfer and carry the bikes
- Good quality helmets
- High-end Mountain bikes
- Professional biking English speaking guide
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Accommodation twin shared basis as listed
- Snack and water during biking segments
- First-aid kit
- Entrance & Sightseeing fees
- Service charges and taxes
- Travel insurance
- All flights and other accommodation
- Visa process and stamp fee
- Tips and gratitude
- Personal expenses
- Others not mentioned
THIS ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Depart from: Saigon - End at: Nha Trang
When: Year round see more Vietnam weather
Activities: Biking, Sightseeing
Transportation: High-end mountain bike, A/C transfer
Accommodation: 3 night hotels, 1 night at forest station
Tour guide: biking English speaking guide
Moderate Grade that means this tour involve in active, physical-required activities can be up to 4 - 5 hours a day at a steady pace. The tour is going to involve a considerable amount of ascent or descent under different weather conditions. Support facilities may not be available on-site and there are some occasional difficult days. You will need a good level of fitness.
* Suggested preparation: 30 - 45 minutes of aerobic, physical exercise, 3-4 times per week for a few weeks leading up to your adventure are recommended. (Read our training guide here)
Who suits: For outdoor novices and above.
Activity: 4-5 hours most days
Distances: Hike up to 8 miles (or 13km) most days, cycle 20-40 miles (or 32 – 68km) most days
Surfaces: rolling or mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
Elevation change: up to 3,000 ft/day (about 900m)
Altitude: up to 8,000 ft (about 2500m)
MEALS AND FOOD
- Day 1: Lunch, Dinner
- Day 2-4: Breakfast, Lunch
All meals, which are indicated in the itinerary, are included in the price of this trip. While in big towns we will enjoy Vietnamese cuisine in fine restaurants. Once we travel away from big towns, the emphasis will be on healthy and nutritious fresh local produce.
HOTEL & HOMESTAY
In big towns we use the finest 3-star hotels with center location. In remote areas we use the best hotels or guest houses available.
Homestay in villages is basic in term of bedding condition and amenities. We will sleep on beds with clean sheet, pillows and mosquito nets. Toilet is usually western style
OUR BIKING TOUR GUIDE
The tour will be led by one of our tour guides who are experienced in Vietnam cycling tours. He has been carefully trained in this field and is fully licensed in tour guiding by the government. In addition, he has been trained in first-aid by SOS International and he knows how to deal with difficult situations. You will have a great time traveling with him.
THE BIKING DAYS
A typical biking day starts at about 8.30 am after breakfast. Lunch times can vary depending on the distance. We aim to reach the next overnight stop by 4.30 or 5. During the biking we will have plenty short breaks for rest, snack and photographing.
Due to their natural road features, in this tour we use:
- TREK 3900 and TREK 4500 disc brake with different sizes for this biking adventures in Mekong Delta
- GIANT mountain bikes - all front suspension, aluminum frame bikes with Shimano Deore component set or better with slick tyre that is best for cycling trip on paved roads (such as: bike to Nha Trang/Mui Ne). Off roads will require different tyre.
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- TREK 3900 and TREK 4500 disc brake with different sizes for this biking adventure in Mekong Delta with the specs as below:
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminum w/semi-integrated head tube, bi-oval down tube w/integrated gusset, rack & fender mounts, disc compatible dropouts, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Sizes: 13, 16, 18, 19.5, 21, 22.5"
- Wheels: Formula DC20 alloy front hub, DC22 alloy rear hub; Bontrager 550 36-hole rims w/brushed sidewalls
- Tires: Bontrager LT3, 26x2.0"
- Shifters: Shimano EF51, 8 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Altus
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Acera M360
- Crank: Shimano TX M171, 42/34/24
- Cassette: Shimano HG31 11-32, 8 speed
- Pedals: Wellgo nylon platform
- Saddle: Bontrager SSR
- Seatpost: Bontrager SSR, 31.6mm, 20mm offset
- Handlebar: Bontrager Riser, 25.4mm, 30mm rise
- Stem: Bontrager Forged, 25.4mm
- Headset: 1-1/8" threadless
- Brakeset: Tektro Novela mechanical disc brakes w/Shimano EF51 levers
- GIANT mountain bikes - all front suspension, aluminum frame bikes with Shimano Deore component set or better with slick tyre that is best for cycling trip on paved roads (such as: bike to Nha Trang/Mui Ne).
- High Quality Helmets: Offer maximum protection during off-road uses
- ATA first-aid kit: Available on any ATA trip
- If you pick the price option incl. Mechanic and Support truck, we will supply:
- Support truck: each morning our main baggage will be loaded onto the support vehicle which will follow the group on the day's ride. The local biking leader and the support vehicle driver will watch over the group and will carry mobile phones, allowing you to contact them in the case of a breakdown or other incident. We want everyone to enjoy their cycling experience on this trip and we recognize the importance of group members being allowed to cycle at their own pace. At times there can be a fair distance between the front and rear cyclists in the group, with the support vehicle and cycling leader out of sight. The support vehicle will pick up any group members who wish to take a break from cycling at any time.
- 01 professional mechanic along the biking trip who greatly understand the technical issues and fix the professional bikes as manufacturer's requirements. That will maximize the safety and the duration of our bike usages.
- Spare parts of the bike such as: Tyres, Pump, Plastic tyre levers, Small tube of grease, Brake cable, Gear cable, Spare set of brake blocks / disc pads (front and rear), Spare spokes for front and rear wheels, Spoke key, 4 x inner tubes etc
- Original passport – compulsory
- Suitable, familiar shoes/ a pair of string back sandals or slippers. *
- A small backpack with rain cover. *
- Cycling shoes *
- Regular cycling gloves *
- Helmet best fitting your head size - often give more comfort
- Personal knee and elbow protections *
- Base-layers, short sleeve cycling jerseys *
- Long sleeved cycling jerseys *
- Padded cycling shorts x 2, incl. 1 pair of baggies
- Cycling tights or tricksters
100% cotton, comfortable underwear (top/bottom).
Some T-shirts for changing.
Sleeping clothes (top/bottom).
Several pairs of socks.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen. * (South Vietnam is hot and the sunshine all year round. Sunglasses and suncreen are really neccessary)
- Light rain coats.
- Toiletries – woman’s sanitary products.
- Anti-insect repellent.
- Common medicines in your personal first-aid kits.
- GoPro Camera – optional – to record details of your journey.
- GPS mobile phone with multi sockets – optional – to entertain and keep contacts with your family or fellow passengers.
** The item with asterisks (*) are strongly recommended for this biking adventure
This Tour Category FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi - Mai Chau - Buoc village - Pom Coong Village - Hanoi
Route: Saigon - Cat Tien National Park - biking up to Dalat - Biking to Nha Trang
Route: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong Nature Reserve – Tan Ky – Huong Khe – Dong Hoi – Dong Ha – A Luoi – Thanh My – Hoian – Danang