- Riding on the best motorcycling part of Ho Chi Minh trail
- Beautiful terrace fields while up hill to Mai Chau valley
- Visit to President Ho Chi Minh homeland in Nghe An
- Stop at Phong Nha for short cave visit
- Ride to DMZ zone with Truong Son cemertary, Khe Sanh, Ben Hai, A luoi, Dong Ha
- End up in Hoi an town for relax and beach
Day 01: Arrival in Hanoi
Day 02: Hanoi city tour - no motorbiking
Day 03: Hanoi – Mai Chau ~ 170km/106miles
Day 04: Mai Chau – Tan Ky in Nghe An ~ 270km/168miles
Day 05: Tan Ky – Huong Khe ~ 160km/99miles
Day 06: Huong Khe – Phong Nha – Dong Hoi (Quang Binh) ~ 210km/130miles
Day 07: Dong Hoi – Dong Ha (Quang Tri) ~ 180km/112miles
Day 08: Dong Ha – Khe Sanh – A Luoi (Thua Thien Hue Province) ~ 200km/124miles
Day 09: A Luoi – Hien – Thanh My – Hoi An ~ 220km/137miles
Day 10: Hoi An – a day off
Day 11: Hoi an Departure
|Affordable option: 125CC commuter – (US$/person)|
|1 person||US$ 1,720|
|2 persons||US$ 1,015|
|3 - 4 persons||US$ 840|
|5 - 6 persons||US$ 705|
|Single Sup||US$ 200|
|Best option: 250CC dirt motorbike (US$/person)|
|1 person||US$ 2,215|
|2 persons||US$ 1,390|
|3 - 4 persons||US$ 1,120|
|5 - 6 persons||US$ 1,075|
|Single Sup||US$ 200|
- Motorbike rentals as in price options
- Best Rated Hotel Accommodations
- Unlimited Mileage
- Helmets for the driver and passenger
- Daily breakfast
- Other meals as indicated in itinerary
- Homestay permission
- Professional English speaking tour leaders
- Water & Snacks on driving days
- First-aid kit
- National Park and other Entrance Fees
- Preparation and Orientation
- All taxes, fees, and environmental surcharges
- Support truck and mechanic as in indicated price option
- Travel insurance
- Visa process and stamp
- Domestic air-tickets
- Tips and gratitude
- Gasoline average US$ 10 per day
- Transportation between hotel and location (restrictions may apply at certain locations)
- Personal motorbike protection gears
- Mechanic and support truck
- Bike Upgrade: Suzuki DRZ 400 CC
- Others not mentioned
THIS ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Depart from: Hanoi - End at: Da Nang
When: Year round
Accommodation: 1 night homestay, 9 nights hotels
Tour guide: motocycling English speaking guide
Support crew: 1 mechanic & support vehicle
MEALS AND FOOD
- Day 1: Dinner
- Day 2: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 3: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 4-9: Breakfast, Lunch
- Day 10, 11: Breakfast
All meals, which are indicated in the itinerary, are included in the price of this trip. While in big towns we will enjoy Vietnamese cuisine in fine restaurants. Once we travel away from big towns, the emphasis will be on healthy and nutritious fresh local produce.
HOTELS AND HOMESTAY
In big towns we use the finest 3-star hotels with central location. Please contact us if you prefer higher hotel categories.
In remote areas we use the best hotels or guest houses available.
Homestay in Mai Chau is simple in term of bedding condition and amenities. We will stay overnight in the traditional house-on-stilt of the Thai people and, as the locals do, we will sleep on bamboo floor with mattress, clean sheet, pillows and mosquito nets. Toilet is usually western style and some steps away from the main house.
OUR MOTORBIKING GUIDE
The tour will be led by one of our tour guides who is experienced in Vietnam motorcycling tours. He has been carefully selected and trained in this field and is fully licensed in tour guiding by the government. In addition, he has been trained in first-aid by SOS International and he knows how to deal with difficult situations. You will have a great time traveling with him.
THE MOTORCYCLING DAYS
A typical motorcycle riding day starts at about 8.30 am after breakfast. Lunch times can vary depending on the distance. We aim to reach the next overnight stop by 4.30 or 5. During the riding we will have short breaks for rest, snack and photographing.
MOTORBIKES AND UPGRADE
The upgrade to Dirt Bikes are always available and upon your request. We have many Dirt Bike models various from 125CC up to 650cc for wide range of riders' experience. They are very much suit to Vietnam roads.
Due to the road conditions of Vietnam, big-size or big-engine motorbikes (such as: 1000cc up) are not popular and expensive. Such big-engine motorbikes may not maximize their power as well as technical specs while highway express in Vietnam is not good enough and the awareness of traffic attendants are relatively low. Moreover, the rental prices can be very high due to high imported taxes added into the price. We strongly encourage you contact to our team if you decided to take those ones.
Vietnam with various terrain and great scenery is an ideal place for adventure motorcycling. Although it is so fun and adventurous to ride in Vietnam it is surely a challenge for any foreign rider since the traffic is so different from the rest of the world. Moreover, we want everyone to enjoy their motorbiking experience on this trip and we recognize the importance of group members being allowed to ride at their own pace. At times there can be a fair distance between the front and rear riders in the group, with the support vehicle and tour leader out of sight. The support vehicle will pick up any group members who wish to take a break from motorcycling at any time.
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- We use Future Neo 2009 125CC for Affordable option. The reason is that the neat and very good design by Honda Vietnam is perfectly suitable for Vietnam road paths. The gear shift is changed easily and smoothly. This models can give you good experiences over almost motorcycling paths of Vietnam. Honda Future Neo is our choice in the quotation as its very affordable price, popular spare parts, easy-to-control even for motorcycling beginners. See how Future Neo 125 tackle Ho Chi Minh Trail with full of fun and awesome experiece by Tony group:
- Curb weight : 105 kg
- Overall length: 1890mm
- Overall width: 705mm
- Overall height: 1085 mm
- Wheel base: 1,240 mm
- Seat height : 767 mm
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.7l
- Engine oil capacity: 0.9 litre when dismantling machine; 0.7 litre when changing lubricant
- Engine type: Gasoline, 04-stroke, single, air-cooled
- Gear box: Mechanical, 4-step rotary system
- Starting system: Electric/kick starter
- For Best Option - Dirt Bike Honda XR 250. The upgrade surcharge is affordable while the experience back is far more. See how awesome they are with North Vietnam motorcycling challenge:
- Displacement: 249.00 ccm (15.19 cubic inches)
- Engine type: Single cylinder, four-stroke
- Fuel control: Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC)
- Cooling system: Oil & air
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Dry weight: 134.0 kg (295.4 pounds)
- Power/weight ratio: 0.1739 HP/kg
- Seat height: 840 mm (33.1 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Alternate seat height: 880 mm (34.6 inches) If adjustable, highest setting.
- Overall height: 1,161 mm (45.7 inches)
- Overall length: 2,130 mm (83.9 inches)
- Overall width: 845 mm (33.3 inches)
- High Quality Helmets - Manufacturer: Vietnam: Injection-molded thermoplastic shell construction. Full-face helmet, provided in long motorbiking trips, offers maximum protection during off-road use. Half face helmet will be provided for traversing inside the city.
- Saddle bags (roughly 7 kg each side)
- Extra rucksack or bag strapped
- ATA first-aid kit: Available on any ATA trip
- If you pick the price option Incl. Mechanic and Support truck, we will supply:
- Support truck will pick up any group members who wish to take a break from motorcycling at any time.
- 01 professional mechanic along the motorbiking trip who greatly understand the technical issues and fix our motorbikes as manufacturer's requirements. That will maximize your safety and the duration of our motorbikes usages.
- Spare parts of the motorbike such as: Tyres, Pump, Plastic tyre levers, Brake cable, Gear cable etc.
- Original passport – compulsory, of course, you have to declare several times and always keep it in a safest place. Copying your passport for daily usages and putting the original one into a plastic bag is strongly recommended.
- Good quality helmet (your own helmet is recommended)
- Wellington/riding boots
- Waterproof gloves/ summer gloves
- Turtleneck shirts
- A pair of extra jeans
- Bandannas to cover your face
- Suitable, familiar shoes/ a pair of string back sandals or slippers.
- A small backpack with rain cover.
100% cotton, comfortable underwear (top/bottom).
100% cotton long-sleeved shirt, trousers (01 piece/day)
Sleeping clothes (top/bottom).
Several pairs of socks.
A waterproof pant and jacket.
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen.
- Light rain coats.
- Toiletries – woman’s sanitary products.
- Common medicines in your personal first-aid kits. ATA has its own first-aid kit too including sticking band-aid, cotton wool, gauze pads, bandage, small scissor, some pain killer pills, etc.
- GoPro Camera – optional – to record details of your journey.
- GPS mobile phone with multi sockets – optional – to entertain and keep contacts with your family or fellow passengers.
This Tour Category FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Hanoi - Halong Bay port - Kayaking Halong - Ba Trai Dao lagoon - Lan Ha bay - Hanoi
Route: Hoi an - walking tour ancient town - Kayaking Thu Bon river - Trek & Homestay Co Tu Village - Hoi an
Activities: Multi Activities
Route: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Sung Sot cave - Van chai - Dark Cave - Ba Tra Dao Lagoon - Lan Ha bay - Ho Ba Ham - Halong - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi - Sapa - Sin Chai - Cat Cat - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van - Thanh Kim - Thanh Phu - Nam Than - Nam Nhiu - Hanoi
Route: Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnel - Vinh Long - Can Tho - Chau Doc - Phnom Penh - Siem Riep
Activities: Multi Activities