At 3143m Mt. Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam and the entire Indochina peninsula. This remote trek tour provides plenty to see and absorb, from the scattered rocks inscribed with drawings and designs of unknown origin, to the French influenced hill retreat town of Sapa with its minority groups, beautiful villas and cherry forests. The trip offers you an opportunity to explore the beautiful nature and challenge yourself. On this mountain climbing trip, you will also be able to meet several different minorities, which cannot be found in other areas of Sapa, such as Tay and Xa Pho and explore their daily life.
- Breath-taking trek to Mt Fansipan at 3143m
- Awesome scenery and nearly untouched trails
- Hiking up to 7-8 hours via Muong Hoa valley and Hoang Lien National Park
- Unforgettable moments and stunning views at the peak
- Fully inclusive, fully supported by guide, porters and experts
Night 1: Night train to Lao Cai.
Day 1: Lao Cai – Sapa Town ~ no hiking
Arrive in Lao Cai Railway Station at around 5.30 am. Our guide and driver will pick you up at the Station. After a brief greeting, we will take 1 hour drive uphill to the beautiful town of Sapa. The road continuously twists and turns along mountain and you will soon get into your eyes a glimpse of the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces while our tour guide is brief about our forehead challenge. Upon arrival in Sapa Town we have hot breakfast in local restaurant.
Day 2: Sapa – Heavens Gate – 2800m ~ 5hrs hiking
Day 3: 2800m – trek up Mt. Fansipan 3143m – downt to 2200m ~ 6hrs hiking
Enjoying your victory for 30-40 minutes then we start descending. We stop on the way at a nice spot for lunch. In afternoon, we start the hard hiking trip today, which is all the way downhill through rain forest. The climb up consume much of your energy while the climb down request you to stay very high focus. This part of our mountain conquering tour requires a great concentration to step on steep trail until we meet the campsite at 2200m ASL. Here we spend another night in tent.
Day 4: 2200m – trek down to Y Linh Ho Village ~ 8hrs hiking
Day 5: Y Linh Ho Village – Seo Mi Ty Village ~ 5hrs hiking
Day 6: Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho Village ~ 7hrs hiking
Day 7: Ta Trung Ho - Nam Toong – My Son – Thanh Phu ~ 7hrs hiking
Day 8: Thanh Phu - Nam Cum – Sin Chai ~ 3.5hrs trekking
Day 9: Sin Chai - Nam Ket –Ben Den – Lao Cai ~ 7.5hrs hiking
Day 10: Back to Hanoi
- Hiking Fansipan without local guide/porter is not permitted due to safety reason
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
|Fully Inclusive (US$/person)|
|1 person||US$ 1,070|
|2 persons||US$ 770|
|3-4 persons||US$ 680|
|5-6 persons||US$ 630|
|Single Supplement||US$ 30|
|Package Option||1 person||2 persons||3-4 persons||5-6 persons||Single Supplement|
|Fully Inclusive (US$/person)||US$ 1,070||US$ 770||US$ 680||US$ 630||US$ 30||More Info|
- Returned tickets on sleeper cabins on train
- Twin shared room in Sapa
- Camping on the trek
- Fansipan climbing permission
- Road transfer two ways in Lao Cai
- Road transfer one way in Hanoi
- Professional English speaking guide
- Porters & Cook
- First-aid kit
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Water & Snacks
- Entrance & sightseeing fees
- Homestay permission
- Service charges and taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa process and stamp fees
- Tip and gratitude
- Personal expenses
- Others not mentioned
THIS ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Duration: 10 days, 10 nights
Depart from: Hanoi - End at: Hanoi
When: Oct - Jun see more Vietnam weather
Activities: Mountain trekking
Transport: Train, Bus, on foot
Accommodation: 1 night hotel, 4 nights camping, 3 nights homestay, 1 night bamboo hut, 2 nights train.
Tour guide: English or French speaking guide
Support crew: Porters & cook
Trekking grade: Even though the trekking in this tour is about 7-8 hours maximum, with the ascend and descend taking their turns continuously in quite long duration, we decide to upgrade it to Strenuous Grade. This is our highest grade of physical requirement. Activities are of a strenuous nature requiring a high level of fitness and a high degree of competency. We give this grade to the journeys that combine a high level of challenges or need special notices of physical, mental health. This kind of tour will provide a real sustained workout even for fit and experienced adventurers. A high level of fitness with previous experiences is essential. In special cases, we may request your most recent medical report.
Meals and food
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Day 2-8: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 9: Breakfast, Lunch
All meals, which are indicated in the itinerary, are included in the price of this trip. On the trek the support crew will cook meals for us. Since we are far away from the town, the emphasis will be on healthy and nutritious local produce. Please inform us if you have any special dietary requirement.
The camping ground
Our camp for the evening will be in a very small clearing on the mountain enclosed by bamboo. You will be provided with twin shared tent, sleeping bag and air mattress.
Our tour guide
The tour will be guided by one of our tour guides who are experienced in guiding trekking tours in Vietnam. He has been carefully trained in this field and is fully licensed in tour guiding by the government. In addition, he has been trained in first-aid by SOS International and he knows how to deal with difficult situations. You will have a great time travelling with him
In Hanoi, one ATV staff will accompany you to the train to show you your cabin and tell you how to deal with night train travelling in Vietnam.
In Lao Cai, our guide will meet you at Lao Cai Railway Station in the morning of the first day. He also sees you off at Lao Cai Railway Station on day 10.
When you get back to Hanoi on day 11 you can easily find a taxi at the train station
The trekking day
A typical trekking day start at about 8.00 am after breakfast. Lunch times can vary depending on the terrain. We aim to reach the next overnight stop by 4.30 pm. During the trek we will have short breaks for rest, snack and photographing.
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- Trekking poles: manufactured by Coleman, USA. Telescoping pole extends from 27 to 53 inches. Contoured handle grip features adjustable nylon strap and compass. Aluminum pole has steel tip with removable cover and basket for various terrains
- Camping tents: manufactured by Wildebeast - Manyoli III, Germany. 4-season, water proof tent for 2 persons. Double tents, 4-persons tents or 6-persons tents are avail. depending on camping sites.
- Camping gears such as rope, pin etc
- Tourch: manufactured by Vietnam. Strong and focus light. Used at camping site and home stay in the evening
- Winter sleeping bags: manufactured by Landus, France. Winter bag (5 degree) 60cm x 200cm. Used for home stay and camping in cold weather.
- Fresh food, cook and cooking items such as stainless cups, bowls, chopsticks etc for preparing meals
- A porter accompanying with you for carrying equipment
- Waterproof blue bag for luggage
- Radio: manufactured by Kenwood, Malaysia. 16-channel VHF FM Transceiver. Used for jungle trek with group from 5 passengers up. Help to manage group
- ATA first-aid kit: Available on any ATA trip
- Origin passports
- Mountain Hiking Shoes
- String-back sandals
- Backpack with rain cover
- Clothes: trekking pants, thermal underwear (top/bottom), t-shirts, long-sleeved shirt, pajama/sleeping pants, underwear (what you’re comfortable with), pairs of socks
- Rest and sleeping clothes.
- Hat, sunglasses, sun protection.
- Waterproof long pants and jackets
- Rain coats
- Bottle of water
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Anti-insect repellent
- Common medicines in your personal first aid kits
This Tour FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Saigon - Cai be - Ben Tre - My Tho - Saigon
Route: Chiang Mai (Thailand) – Mae Sariang - Mae Hong Son – Pai - Tha Ton – Mae Sai - Golden Triangle – Houayxay (Laos) - Luang Namtha - Boten - Oudomxay – Nong Khiew - Luang Prabang – Vang Vieng - Vientiane
Route: Hanoi - Ha Giang - Tha Village - Meo Vac - Dong Van - Lung Cu - Yen Minh - Hoang Su Phi - Pan Hou Ecologde - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi – Mai Chau – Pu Luong Nature Reserve – Tan Ky – Huong Khe – Dong Hoi – Dong Ha – A Luoi – Thanh My – Hoian – Danang
Route: Saigon - Vinh Long - Tra Vinh - Can Tho floating market - Sai gon