At 3143m Mt. Fansipan is the highest peak in Vietnam and the entire Indochina peninsula. This remote trek tour provides plenty to see and absorb, from the scattered rocks inscribed with drawings and designs of unknown origin, to the French influenced hill retreat town of Sapa with its minority groups, beautiful villas and cherry forests. The trip offers you an opportunity to explore the beautiful nature and challenge yourself. On this mountain climbing trip, you will also be able to meet several different minorities, which cannot be found in other areas of Sapa, such as Tay and Xa Pho and explore their daily life.
- Breath-taking trek to Mt Fansipan at 3143m
- Awesome scenery and nearly untouched trails
- Hiking up to 7-8 hours via Muong Hoa valley and Hoang Lien National Park
- Unforgettable moments and stunning views at the peak
- Fully inclusive, fully supported by guide, porters and experts
Note: Even though, there is Highway Express to connect Hanoi - Lao cai that shortens the road transfer down to 5.5 hours, we still offer railway transfer. The rail in Vietnam is very much different to those ones in your country then train ride itself is an experience worthy to take. If you dont like train transfer, contact our team to change to road transfer. If road transfer confirmed, the tour omits this night and starts from Day 01.
Night 1: Night train to Lao Cai.
Day 1: Lao Cai – Sapa Town ~ no trekking
Arrive in Lao Cai Railway Station at around 5.30 am. Our guide and driver will pick you up at the Station then please pay attention to our "Welcome board". After a brief greeting, we will take 1 hour drive uphill to the beautiful town of Sapa. The road continuously twists and turns along mountain and you will soon get into your eyes a glimpse of the stunning vistas and impressive rice terraces while our tour guide is brief about our forehead challenge. Upon arrival in Sapa Town, we have a hot breakfast in a local restaurant. We spare this day at your own schedule to relax and enjoy the town. Sapa is a lovely and small town to discover on foot.
All prepare for the amazing challenge of next two days while we is about to trek up to level of 3143m height. Overnight in Sapa.
Day 2: Sapa – Heavens Gate – Mt Fansipan trek up to 2800m ~ 6hrs hiking up
Day 3: 2800m – trek up Mt. Fansipan 3143m – downt to 2200m ~ 6hrs hiking
Enjoying your victory for 30 minutes then we start descending. We stop on the way at a nice spot for lunch. In afternoon, we start the hard hiking trip today, which is all the way downhill through rain forest. The climb up consume much of your energy while the climb down request you to stay very high focus. This part of our mountain conquering tour requires a great concentration to step on steep trail until we meet the campsite at 2200m ASL. Here we spend another night in basic lodge.
Day 4: 2200m – trek down to Y Linh Ho Village ~ 8hrs hiking
Day 5: Y Linh Ho Village – Seo Mi Ty Village ~ 5hrs hiking
Day 6: Seo Mi Ty – Den Thang – Ta Trung Ho Village ~ 7hrs hiking
Day 7: Ta Trung Ho - Nam Toong – My Son – Thanh Phu ~ 7hrs hiking
Day 8: Thanh Phu - Nam Cum – Sin Chai ~ 3.5hrs trekking
Day 9: Sin Chai - Nam Ket –Ben Den – Lao Cai ~ 7.5hrs hiking
Day 10: Back to Hanoi
- We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- Returned tickets on A/C sleeper cabin on train
- Twin shared room in Sapa
- Shared room in the lodge at Resting site or Camping tents if the lodge is over-booked at Fansipan
- Camping and gears along the trek to Muong Hoa
- Homestay and permisions
- Road transfer two ways in Lao Cai - Sapa
- Road transfer one way in Hanoi
- Professional trekking English speaking guide
- Porters & Cook
- First-aid kit
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Water & Snacks
- Entrance & sightseeing fees
- Fansipan climbing permissions
- Service charges and taxes
- Travel insurance
- Visa process and stamp fees
- Tip and gratitude
- Personal expenses
- Others not mentioned
THIS ADVENTURE INFORMATION
Duration: 10 days, 10 nights
Depart from: Hanoi - End at: Hanoi
When: Oct - Jun see more Vietnam weather
Activities: Mountain trekking
Transport: Train, Bus, on foot
Accommodation: 1 night hotel, 2 nights camping, 2 nights in basic lodge, 3 nights homestay, 2 nights train.
Tour guide: English speaking guide
Support crew: Porters & cook
Trekking grade: Even though the trekking in this tour is about 7-8 hours maximum, with the ascend and descend taking their turns continuously in quite long duration, we decide to upgrade it to Strenuous Grade. This is our highest grade of physical requirement. Activities are of a strenuous nature requiring a high level of fitness and a high degree of competency. We give this grade to the journeys that combine a high level of challenges or need special notices of physical, mental health. This kind of tour will provide a real sustained workout even for fit and experienced adventurers. A high level of fitness with previous experiences is essential. In special cases, we may request your most recent medical report.
Meals and food
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Day 2-8: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Day 9: Breakfast, Lunch
All meals, which are indicated in the itinerary, are included in the price of this trip. On the trek the support crew will cook meals for us. Since we are far away from the town, the emphasis will be on healthy and nutritious local produce. Please inform us if you have any special dietary requirement.
Road transfer (if requested)
Note on client safety
We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions, frequency of visits to a village, or for any other factor which may influence client safety.
- Trekking poles: manufactured by Coleman, USA. Telescoping pole extends from 27 to 53 inches. Contoured handle grip features adjustable nylon strap and compass. Aluminum pole has steel tip with removable cover and basket for various terrains
- In the lodge: heat insulation panel, yoga-style mats and winter sleeping bags: Manufactured by Landus, France. Winter bag (for +5 -> -5 degree) 85cm x 215cm. Used for home stay and camping in cold weather.
- In case the lodge is over-booked, we will camp with tents: Manufactured by Wildebeast - Manyoli III, Germany. 4-season, water proof tent for 2 persons. Double tents, 4-persons tents or 6-persons tents are avail. depending on camping sites.
- Camping gears such as rope, pin etc
- Torch: Manufactured by Vietnam. Strong and focus light. Used at camping site and home stay in the evening
- Fresh food, cook and cooking items such as stainless cups, bowls, chopsticks etc for preparing meals
- Porter accompanying with you for carrying equipment
- Radio: manufactured by Kenwood, Malaysia. 16-channel VHF FM Transceiver. Used for jungle trek with group from 5 passengers up. Help to manage group
- ATA first-aid kit: Available on any ATA trip
- Original passport to declare for homestay permission (compulsory)
- Hiking Shoes - high knee boots, water proof and familiar with you *
- Flip flops/string-back sandals *
- Small backpack with rain cover *
- comfortable, single-used underwear (top/bottom) *
- 100% cotton long-sleeved shirt, trousers (01 piece/day) *
- Some T-shirts for changing
- Sleeping clothes (top/bottom) *
- Several pairs of sock *
- A waterproof pant and jacket *
- A warm, light sweater
- Hat, sunglasses, sun protection.
- Rain coats - the type similar to your regular clothes with sleeves and legs. *
- Bottle of water
- Toiletries - wet, dry tissue, sanitary for women period
- Personal washing items: tooth paste/brush, towel, shower gel, shampoo *
- Anti-insect repellent
- Common medicines in your personal first aid kits
This Tour Category FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Dong hoi - En cave - Son Doong Cave - Dong hoi
Activities: Caving Trek
Route: Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi
Route: Hanoi - Halong - Hanoi
Route: Chiang Mai (Thailand) – Mae Sariang - Mae Hong Son – Pai - Tha Ton – Mae Sai - Golden Triangle – Houayxay (Laos) - Luang Namtha - Boten - Oudomxay – Nong Khiew - Luang Prabang – Vang Vieng - Vientiane
Route: Saigon - Cat Tien National Park - biking up to Dalat - Biking to Nha Trang