The itinerary will take you to Putao, one of the most pristine and prominent site in Burma (Myanmar), doing some adventurous activities from elephant camp, trekking, bird watching as well as interacting with the ethnic local people. Memorably enjoy the fresh air of the mountainous area before getting back the the busy buzy life is also a great experience of the tour.
Activity guide: Trekking | Destination: Myanmar
- Jeep riding to Malikha River one of thousand sources of giant Irrawaddy River
- Trekking to Kaungmulone Pagoda with over 2000 years old
- Trekking to Machanbaw, the last administrative area of north Myanmar
- Visit Mularshide Lizu village, the first place touch by Christian in North
- Enjoy sunset at Malikha suspension bridge
Brief ItineraryDay 01: Arrive in Putao
Day 02: Putao-Nankhan
Day 03: Namkhan village- Mularshide-Putao
Day 04: Putao - Departure
Day 01: Arrive in Putao
Late afternoon trek to Panhline and Hokho Shan villages is the first in Putao region. Around the vicinity of Putao fills with some Shan villages and amongst them Phanhline is the biggest with the beauty a lot. The time seizing the sunset at Sutaungpyi Stupa on the mountain of Mr. Harez force is valuable like that of sweet dinner and night stay.
Day 02: Putao-Nankhan
Commence with the visit to colorful morning market to detect the way of life of the different tribes in northern Myanmar which can be recorded by photos. The breakfast is followed by the trip of one hour distance to Htawadan Village, 12 miles far away from Putao, by jeep. The jeep riding is ended on the bank of Malikha River, one of the famous small rivers of great Ayeyarwaddy, and to get to the other side is by a small boat. The onward trekking is started there. Sightseeing on the way: Kaungmulone Pagoda, with the age of over 2000 years on the eastern bank of the small river, and unusual spirit images around the stupa. Another 5 mile walk is to a very green and carpet-like clean village named Nankhan Village. Go and see Rawan, Lizu and Shan villages on the way. Evening leisurely sightseeing around the village, Nankhan, the biggest one around Putao, make you absorb the experience from watching the genuine way of life of the Rawan people.
Day 03: Nankhan village- Mularshide-Putao
The 4 hour trek in the fresh morning air is the beginning of the leisurely tour line-up. The distance is about 7 miles from Nankhan Village heading to Machanbaw, the last administrative town in northern Myanmar. Along the river while trekking, the pleasant and unforgettable feeling stems from the sightseeing of some villages of Rawan and Lizu people. Kachin styled Shan noodle, made of rice and some vegetables and fish, introduces you a new taste during lunch at a small traditional restaurant in Machanbaw. The famous stone dragon is also a ‘must’ site at the view point. After crossing the river by the Malikha suspension bridge, proceed to Mularshide Lizu village by one and a half drive. Being not only the biggest Lizu village but the first place to have a touch with Christianity in northern Myanmar, the village has the first church and Sunday school in the region which is good to see. The delightful sunset is at the Mularshide suspension bridge before dinner.
Day 04: Putao-Departure
Enjoy seeing the colorful market under the rising sun in the dense mist. Take a good chance for local breakfast, such as trying snacks and noodle, at a small restaurant in the market before flight to your next destination.
Accommodation: Not available
- Tour start and ends at Putao Airport - Myanmar
- You will be escorted by private English speaking guides. (Not throughout )
- Your car is private with air-conditioning.
- Meals are daily breakfasts and 01 welcome dinner
- Entrance fees where requested.
- Your accommodation are twin sharing, 3 star standards
- This tour is subject to single supplement if requested
- Service charges and taxes 10%
- Visa arrangement (now with Evisa)
- Drinks during tours
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Others not mentioned
Passports and Visas
- Go to Myanmar Embassies and Consulates in your home country and you will be guided procedure. You may want to check the list of countries where Myanmar has embassies and consulate offices by clicking here.
- Obtain VISA On Arrival (VOA). For tourists coming from countries has no Myanmar Diplomatic Rep offices, you can obtain VOA online via www.myanmarevisa.gov.mm – the official portal for VOA by Myanmar government. The portal launched in Sep 01, 2014 and took its pilot operation for a month. Providing you encounter any issue, please contact us for support.
Climate & Clothing
Cell Phones & Calling Cards
Making Telephone Calls from One Country to Another
Wireless Internet Access
Cards and Currency
- The US$ notes must be new.
- The US$ notes torn, marked, folded will not be accepted.
- The US$ notes having series before 2003 backward may not accepted.
- Several weeks before your trip, make a list of what you will need to take with you.
- Make sure your personal documents (passports, visas, driver’s license) are in order.
- We suggest that you make photocopies of passports, visas, personal ID and any other important travel documents and pack them separately from the originals. If you lose the originals while traveling, you'll have copies for easier reporting and replacement.
- You may consider bringing a small supply of over the counter medications for headaches and/or anti-diarrhea pills. Pack a list of medications including dosage and generic names.
- We recommend that you pack a portable alarm clock.
- Avoid placing valuables such as cameras in your checked luggage.
This Tour FAQs
Refer Similar Adventures
Route: Bangkok (Thailand) - Ayutthaya - Sukhothai - Lampang - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai - Tachileik (Myanmar) - Keng Tung – Heho - Kalaw - Yangon - Sittwe - Mrauk U - Yangon
Route: Yangon – Bagan – Mt. Popa – Pakkoku – Monywa - Mandalay – Pindaya – Kalaw - Inle Lake – Yangon
Route: Yangon – Golden Rock – Bago – Taungoo – Inle Lake Pindaya – Nyaungshwe - Taunggyi – Kakku - Inle Lake – Yangon
Route: Inle Lake – Taunggyi –Shwe Nyaung-Nyaung Shwe- Inle - Kalaw - Pindaya - Inle
Route: Bagan Biking & Balloon – Mt. Popa – Kalaw – Inle Lake - Indein - PaO villages